When a loved one passes away it is devastating for everyone close to the person. Unfortunately, it also means that there will be a plethora of logistics that need to be taken care of shortly after their passing. For the big projects, such as estate clean-outs or sales, a roll-off dumpster can make your life easier by providing one place to dispose of items both large and small.
Estate Clean-Outs are Overwhelming
More than likely the last thing you want to think about after saying goodbye to a loved one is going through and cleaning out their home. However, this step in the process is often a priority, especially if your loved one was renting. The landlord or owner of their home will likely be eager to get a new renter in as soon as possible. Even if they were the homeowner, getting items out of the house may be a priority for your family if you plan to sell it.
According to the LA Times, the average American home has about 300,000 items in it. This is an incredible amount of things to go through for anyone, but especially while you are grieving. Here are some ideas to make this process a bit easier:
- Enlist other family members to help you go through the estate. Doing it alone can be stressful and even depress you.
- Start with one room before you move to another. If you try to tackle the entire house you will probably become overwhelmed.
- Make designated piles such as trash, donation, sell, and items to keep.
- Take your time. Although it can seem like you need to have it all done it one day you will likely take a couple days to sort through the estate.
- If you get frustrated, stop. Now is not the time to rush, especially when it comes to going through documents. You do not want to throw away a vital piece of information or a family treasure in your haste.
- Renting a roll-off dumpster is the best way to quickly and efficiently get rid of unwanted items and waste. This is not the time to mess around with tiny trash bags.
Roll-Off Dumpsters Make Life Easier
As you go through the thousands of items in your loved one’s estate you may be surprised at the amount of trash that piles up. That is not to say that everything belongs in a dumpster, but dirty furniture may not have a place in your home or can’t be sold. A roll-off dumpster provides the ability to get rid of large items such as furniture, tables, mattresses and more (be sure to avoid placing prohibited items in the roll-off to save a headache later). Having a roll-off dumpster nearby as you are cleaning eliminates the hassle of having to call a local trash company to coordinate a pick up of the items. Afterall, the last thing you want to worry about is trash. Renting a dumpster will save you time money and help you get through an already stressful event.
Who are we?
We are Affordable Roll-Offs, your local low-priced roll off dumpster rental company. With us, there are no hidden delivery fees or fuel surcharges – Just honest and transparent dumpster rental prices! When comparing dumpster rental services and collecting quotes, it’s important that you have the proper information to compare apples to apples. That’s why we wrote this post.
In summary, be sure to consider price, weight allowances, rental periods and other hidden fees so that you can make accurate comparisons and choose the most cost-effective option for your project. Just because a dumpster company is a little cheaper doesn’t mean they are your best option. if you have any questions give us a call we are always happy to help.