Dumpster Rental Length Depends on the Project
The length of any dumpster rental is highly dependent on the type of project it is being used for. For example, a small project such as a bathroom remodel may only require a dumpster rental for a week. However, a large project such as constructing a building or an addition to a home may require a dumpster for more than two weeks. It is always a good idea to talk with your contractor to get a good idea of how long a dumpster will be necessary.
Typical Lengths of Projects
The length of a dumpster rental depends on the project that will be done. Below are a few examples of typical timelines for various projects:
Bathroom remodel: 13-25 Days
- The average number of days for a bathroom remodel ranges from 13 to 25 days. This range may depend on whether or not contractors are hired for the renovation or it will be a DIY project.
Kitchen remodel: 1 month – 5 months
- The length of time for a complete kitchen remodel can range between one month to five months or even longer, depending on how much invasive work needs to be done. For example, a new kitchen that requires plumbing changes or electrical changes will need more time than a kitchen that is getting only a new backsplash or appliances.
Hardwood floor installation: 1-3 days
- Hardwood floor installation generally lasts between 1 and 3 days. Again, this is highly dependent on whether or not a contractor is hired or it is a DIY project.
Deep house cleaning: 1 day to 1 week+
- Renting a dumpster for a deep house cleaning may be necessary if large items, such as furniture or carpet, will be thrown away. Depending on the condition of the house, a full cleanout may take a week or longer.
Finishing a basement: 4 weeks to 8 weeks or longer
- Finishing a basement generally will take between 1 to 2 months or longer depending on the size of the basement and what needs to be done.